Saturday 21 February 2009

4

Blogs I love




The highlight of my week was finding out that I was given a 'Blogs we love' badge by the lovely Vonnie. It's so interesting to me to see what blogs other people are reading and it's well worth checking out her other favourites. So I'm passing it on with five of my favourite blogs!
  1. Indietutes: I first found Vegbee over on Craftster and I can say, hand on heart, that she is probably the reason why I started sewing and stuck at it. The fact that she taught herself to sew and makes such wonderful and interesting clothes gave me the confidence to experiment and persevere. She is so generous with her knowledge, her blog is overflowing with tutorials and helpful sewing advice. Plus her kids are so stinking cute.

  2. Made by Petchy: Another Craftster cohort. She lives in Norway and her blog is full of inspirational sewing, baking, home decor projects, photography-- all things crafty really!

  3. The Wind in Your Vagina: Bit of a shocking name for a blog, but there's a good reason! Mummy blogs are ten a penny but Daddy blogs are a rare breed. I happened across this one and I really enjoy reading it, he is very funny, occasionlly a bit off-colour but always interesting.

  4. Cakewrecks: Probably the most well-known of the blogs on my list, but I'm compelled to include it because it's just so funny. Perfect mix of intellectual snobbery and schadenfreude.

  5. Red Possum: I happened across Sarah on Etsy, and we occasionally swap convos to see how things are going. She's an Australian expat living in Dublin and makes the most beautiful baby dresses and coats. Her fabric choices and photography are beautiful.

4 comments:

  1. Oh how nice! I'm glad I gave you a wee boost :D

    I'm off to check your recommendations out and am sending the Dad blog link to my hubby. Hope you're having a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to go and have a look at those blogs now. You can never have too many to read ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All those links are great. Thanks for sharing - I want a badge from Vonnie too now!

    PS. I saw your link on the FOlksy forums, so just dropping by to see what my fellow Folksy dwellers are up to!

    www.dan-jackson.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am an avid reader to 3 of your 5 blogs...
    Now I need to check out the other two. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete