Wednesday 15 June 2011

20

Blondes might not have more fun but hopefully they get more accurate directions.

My friend Ruth is coming over from Ireland for a sleepover tomorrow and I'm keen to impress her. If she likes my new kitchen / sewing studio / decluttered underbed space / filing systems maybe she will move back to Edinburgh.


Anyway, her visit prompted me to use my Groupon hair salon voucher. This is me yesterday morning. Do not be fooled by my bathroom's heavenly appearance, it's next on the list for room makeover. This hair is directly responsible for two bus drivers blatantly lying to me about their routes.


And this is me after. This hair is directly responsible for one person complimenting me on my eyelashes, one person I gave birth to not thinking I came to pick him up from school because I am so unrecognisable, one person I am currently married to saying I look an unspecified amount younger, and one person I employ saying I look 'ten years younger'. Which when you're 31 years old has an additional bonus subtext.

20 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cut and color! It does make you look younger.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous! love all the comments you got!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow!! You look fab! Love the cut, colour ... everything! So natural! I'd love to be blond but being chinese, blond looks weird on me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous. Blond looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, looks great! I went blonde, once. Once being the key word. Actually I guess twice but the first time it happened was an accident and there was screeching and it was back to a brunette (with a sickly greenish hue, bonus) within 12 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, you are so glamorous! I feel like a sad old woman in comparison... You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice! Very sleek and sexy. I can't wait to see what it inspires you to sew for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow for the hair, suits you! and double wow for all the lovely compliments. My eldest often tells me, randomly, that I look nice and it is really heartfelt - always catches me unawares and mkaes me go squooshy inside :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh la la - love it really suits you x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome!! So chic! How do you get more gorgeous every day??

    ReplyDelete
  11. You *do* look younger, but then you don't look 31 in the 'before' picture anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL at 'one person I currently married to'

    Very pretty lady, you work it well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks fantastic! I want to look 10 years younger too!! Off to phone the hairdresser...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm scared, it's like when your boobs were going to eat me but with sleek hair...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh! you look great as a blonde! Well done.

    Also - my security word, below... dangerously close to "tampon."

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks awesome! As a fellow blonde (originally a congenital condition that is now acquired monthly) I can tell you that nothing will ever go wrong in your life again...that you know of.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look gorgeous both ways.

    But the new cut and colour are great, and I hope they're making you feel that way, too, because they should.

    ReplyDelete