Friday 9 September 2011

5

This week the part of Hitler will be played by me

After a year of slow / ineffectual internet connectivity in the evenings and weekends, I finally bit the bullet and upgraded to a package (allegedly) five times faster. The technician installed it on Tuesday morning and roughly an hour later I lost connection. For the last four days I've had the equivalent of someone flicking a switch on and off, allowing me one minute bursts of access for every two minutes without. Nothing is loading properly, with formats all over the place and images completely missing. Obviously I have taken dozens of hilarious pictures, but I can't upload them. Hours and hours and hours have been spent on hold and with the fault desk, with them maintaining there is no problem and me maintaining I have no internet. After threatening to leave, a repairman was finally sent yesterday and although he couldn't figure out what is wrong, at least he could see that it is wrong. Which is a start, but I have no idea when I'll be back online through the actual computer rather than my phone. So I leave you with a (not suitable for work) video that sums up my week, where I play the part of Hitler but with less fascism and no swearing........

5 comments:

  1. oh no! I hope it's fixed quick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! Had visions of you with a scary moustache! When you find out what the prob is please let me know - OH's laptop loses connection all the time, but not mine & it drives him mental and worryingly angry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious! By the way, Which! magazine have just done an article on good and bad internet providers - I can send you a scan of it if things get worse...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The absolute worst, most frustrating experience is calling those idiots. I think I've had this exact phone call. Sorry 'bout your troubles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so funny wish i could pin it.

    ReplyDelete